Established in 2003, Taj Indian Sweets and Restaurant was launched to offer a wide range of authentic vegetarian Indian cuisine to Sydney’s growing sub-continent community. Located in the heart of Parramatta City, Taj is unique as being the first vegetarian restaurant on Wigram Street and still maintains the reputation of having the largest range of sweets in Australia.
The quality of Taj’s food and service has won the hearts and blessings of their loyal customers, and the restaurant wins fans every day, from Indians and non-Indians alike.
The Group has grown from strength to strength, with restaurants operating in Westfield Parramatta, Homebush, and at 73 and 91 Wigram Street, Harris Park.
Taj Bhavan, also on Wigram Street, was inaugurated as an extension restaurant to manage the growing numbers of people frequenting Taj Indian Sweets and Restaurant. With an airy and cheerful ambience, Taj Bhavan is perfect for families, groups and individuals to dine in comfort and ease. A ramp for wheelchairs and prams makes access to the restaurant easy,while well trained staff offer friendly and efficient service. Sweets and snacks are on display for eat-in or takeaway, and the menu offers various options, including non-alcoholic wines, beers and mocktails. A section of Taj Bhavan can be converted into a party room with a buffet setup for up to 30 guests. Taj Bhavan will make your dining experience a happy and satisfying one.
Mission & Vision
‘Go vegetarian, go green’ has been our mission since launching in Australia, and we promote healthy eating via dishes that are prepared through the vast and ancient vegetarian traditions of India. Our vision is to offer dishes that will not just delight the palate, but also ensure good health. We cater to specific tastes and religious beliefs, and are very, very particular that the preparation of food is in strict accordance with authenticity, hygiene and vegetarian beliefs. At the beginning of each day, the blessings of the Divine Mother are invoked.
- Authentic 100% pure vegetarian,
- Stringent standards of hygiene
- Absolutely no meat, seafood, egg on the premises
- No onion, no garlic, no roots, on request
- Special preparation following religious or traditional beliefs
- Reasonably priced menu
- No compromise on quality
- Fresh ingredients
- Takeaway or eat in
- Online ordering to be introduced soon
- North & South Indian, Gujarati, Sindhi, Punjabi, Andhra
- Italian, Sri Lankan
- Special Jain, Swaminarayan & Hare Krishna menu
- Fasting foods
- Indian Chinese fusion menu
- Special breakfast menu of idlis, dosas, wadas and filter coffee
- Most popular paneer makhani, paneer kulcha, channa bhatura and malai kofta
- Variety of thalis, different curries each day
- Sweet, salted and mango lassi
- Non alcoholic wines, beers & mocktails
- Indian sweets of all popular varieties
- Eggless cakes & cookies
- Sugar free selection for the calorie conscious
- Special Navratri, Diwali, Eid sweets
- Daily specials
- Eat all you want buffet (Tues – Friday)